How Urbita Inc. ("Urbita") Uses Your Personal Information
This policy covers how Urbita treats personal information that Urbita collects and receives, including information related to your past use of Urbita products and services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that Urbita does not own or control or to people that Urbita does not employ or manage.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
Urbita collects personal information when you register with Urbita, when you use Urbita products or services, when you visit Urbita pages or the pages of certain Urbita partners, and when you enter promotions or sweepstakes. Urbita may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
When you register we ask for information such as your name, email address, birth date, gender, ZIP code, occupation, industry, and personal interests. For some financial products and services we might also ask for your address, Social Security number, and information about your assets. When you register with Urbita and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
Urbita collects information about your transactions with us and with some of our business partners, including information about your use of financial products and services that we offer.
Urbita automatically receives and records information from your computer and browser, including your IP address, Urbita cookie information, software and hardware attributes, and the page you request.
Urbita uses information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
Children under 13 are not allowed to register on Urbita.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
Urbita does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
• We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Urbita under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help Urbita communicate with you about offers from Urbita and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
• We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
• We believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Urbita's Terms Of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
• Urbita does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
• Urbita advertisers include financial service providers (such as banks, insurance agents, stock brokers and mortgage lenders) and non-financial companies (such as stores, airlines, and software companies).
Urbita may set and access Urbita cookies on your computer.
Urbita lets other companies that show advertisements on some of our pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other companies do not have access to Urbita's cookies.
Urbita uses web beacons to access Urbita cookies inside and outside our network of web sites and in connection with Urbita products and services.
YOUR ABILITY TO EDIT AND DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT INFORMATION AND PREFERENCES
You can edit your Urbita Account Information at any time. You can also cancel your account by following the instructions you will find on your Account page.
We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the Urbita service, such as service announcements, administrative messages and the Urbita Newsletter, that are considered part of your Urbita account, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
Urbita may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your Urbita account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
Last updated March 1st, 2013